I’ve been a Mom for 2 weeks! That seems nutty. I’ve learned so much in these past two weeks and I’m sure I’m in for more lessons as we go.
1. Always have a burp rag! I’m always cleaning something up – pee, poop, spit, vomit…. always have a rag close. The second you don’t have the rag is the second all hell breaks loose! Plus, you can get s
uper cute burp rags.
2. Breastfeeding is hard work. Luckily my husband convinced me to take a Breastfeeding Class at the hospital. BEST DECISION EVER. The class gave me the knowledge and an opportunity to ask questions and I gained the confidence at the hospital with the nurses assistance. The little one and I struggle sometimes, but I remind myself, “we’re both new to this give it time”.
3. You will be peed on – A LOT. My little one has great aim for everything except a diaper. Once he’s free the stream starts coming. Always be prepared and be fast.
4. Sleep is overrated. This little guy gives me about 3 to 4 hours in between feedings at night. I get tired, for sure, but he’s worth it. Plus, you know what some of my best friends say, “you can sleep when you’re dead” and I believe them. (or sleep when he’s napping :-P)
5. Treasure each moment. Before a blink of an eye, I’m sure he’ll be off to college, getting married, and having his own little one. This means living in the moment each and every day. I’ve already been peed on too many times to count, but each time I giggle and enjoy that moment.
I remind myself of these 5 things when I can barely keep my eyes open, or when my little one won’t settle down. These are the moments I’ll miss, so treasure them now.
Don’t Miss a Thing from Yellow Dog Pink Pig!